About Us

Hi and welcome to Solaris Commands.

My name is Ariel Giron. I am a Solaris system admin by day (and some nights too). As a Sun Certified System Administrator (SCSA) with over 10 years Solaris experience, I have worked in several prestigious Sydney corporates including Fujitsu Australia, BUPA Australia Group, IBM Australia, Frontline Systems, Toshiba Australia and David Jones. My responsibilities in these roles have given me exposure to Sun Solaris, Veritas Cluster Server and storage area network (SAN) technologies.

Probably 80% of my work involves day-to-day tasks that use 20% of a typical Solaris admin’s arsenal of tools. The remaining 20% are what I call ‘once-in-a-blue-moon’ work that requires me to dig deeper into the remaining 80% of my knowledge base. I was frustrated by this because whenever I had to solve a once-in-a-blue-moon problem I had to rack my brain to remember how I did it previously. That’s when I hit on the blog idea and that’s how Solaris Commands came to be.

This blog was previously published as UNIX How-To. I will add more articles to Solaris Commands and progressively migrate articles from UNIX How-To in the coming days. So please come back often and tell your colleagues about this most excellent resource.

Follow Solaris Commands on Solaris Commands on Twitter Twitter @solariscommands and become a fan on http://www.facebookloginhut.com/facebook-login/ Facebook.